Death Toll Rises to 44 in Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport Terror Attack
The death toll in the terror attack at Istanbul’s Ataturk international airport increased to 44 on Thursday after a 25-year Turkish citizen died from his wounds in hospital, Anadolu Agency reported on Thursday.
There were 19 foreign nationals among victims of Tuesday night’s attack that had also left around 230 people injured, the Turkish news agency quoted Interior Minister Efkan Ala as saying earlier at a news conference in Ankara.
According to Ala, 94 people injured in the shooting and triple suicide bombing remained under treatment in hospital as of Thursday.
- » Athens Accuses Ankara of Fueling Tension in the Region
- » Mayor of Thessaloniki Reiterated His View that the Thessaloniki International Airport of “Macedonia” Should Change its Name
- » Turkey Supports Macedonia's Accession to NATO
- » Turkey Submits Documents to EU Seeking Visa-Free Regime
- » Turkey Detains Nearly 600 for Opposing Syrian Offensive
- » Turkish President Meets Pope, Expected to Discuss Jerusalem