Bulgaria’s Govt Debt Equivalent to 29.3% of Projected 2016 GDP in May
Bulgaria’s government debt edged up to EUR 13.37 B last month, equivalent to 29.3% of Gross Domestic Product forecast for the year, according to figures released by the Finance Ministry on Thursday.
The government’s foreign debt totalled EUR 9.83 B and domestic debt amounted to EUR 3.54 B as at end-May, the Finance Ministry said in a monthly debt report.
Bulgaria’s government debt totalled EUR 13.34 B in nominal terms as at end-April 2016, with EUR 9.85 B in foreign debt and EUR 3.49 B in domestic debt.
Liabilities in euro made up 78.8% of total government debt as at end-May, 20.4% was denominated in Bulgarian levs, 0.6% in U.S. dollars and 0.3% in other currencies.
The government paid BGN 63.3 M on its debt in May.
The government-guaranteed debt totalled EUR 285.5 M as at end-May, equivalent to 0.6% of 2016 GDP forecast.
- » Labor Costs Increase by 12% by the End of 2017
- » Inflation in Bulgaria for February 2018 is 0.3%
- » In 2017 Bulgarian Exports to the EU Grew by 10.8% in Comparison with 2016
- » Bulgarian Exports to Third Countries Decreased by 16.3%
- » EU Women Earn 16 % Less than Men: Eurostat
- » GDP for 2017 Increased by 3.6 per 100 Compared to 2016