Juncker Said to Be Planning Introduction of Euro by All EU Member States after Brexit
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker “is believed to be set on ensuring” that the euro is introduced in the EU member states still using their own national currencies in a bid to spur European integration after Britons voted to leave the 28-nation bloc, according to UK’s Daily Express.
Besides the United Kingdom, eight other EU member states haven't adopted the euro – Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Sweden.
Daily Express has also said that according to German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, “there are plans underfoot to accelerate the "completion" of the monetary union.”
Bulgaria operates a fixed exchange rate mechanism called currency board, which curbs the conduct of independent monetary policy by the country's central bank and the pegs the national currency, the lev, at 1.95583 per euro.
Last year, Bulgaria’s government set up a council to propose a date for adopting the euro and draft a plan for introducing the single currency. The lev is not yet within the Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM II), the euro's 'waiting room'.
- » NSI: Monthly Inflation in November at 0.4%
- » World Bank Halts Financing of Oil and Gas Projects from 2019
- » Municipality, Part of the Metropolitan Area in Venezuela Introduced its Own Currency
- » In the Period January - October 2017 Bulgarian Exports to 3rd Countries Increased by 15.9%
- » Daily Mail: Bulgaria has Enough Bitcoins to Pay off FIFTH of National Debt
- » The Bulgarian Government Holds More Than $ 3 Billion in Bitcoin
But do we want the Euro Now??? We were not good for Shengen but suddenly are good for the Euro!!! How com???
And why this person and his entourage that are considered illegitimate by the majority in EU is trying such radical action??? EU administration has to regain the trust.. it has to be reformed ...instead they push their luck... in obvious desperation...