Maxim Behar Handed Diplomatic Award for Contribution to Africa
Bulgarian PR expert, businessman, journalist and diplomat Maxim Behar on Wednesday received a diplomatic award for his contribution to the popularization of African culture and his work to boost the economic development of the Seychelles.
Behar, who is also Honorary Consul General of the Republic of Seychelles, was handed the award during a celebration of the 40th anniversary since the Seychelles became an independent nation.
Vanessa Calvert, South Africa's Ambassador to Bulgaria, gave him the glass plaque on behalf of all African envoys to the country.
She praised Behar for his constant work to present African culture and improve the image of African nations in Bulgaria and around the world.
In 2015, Behar was promoted to Honorary Consul General by Seychelles President James Michel, after having been Honorary Consul for the previous 12 years.
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations