Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
The dead body of a 19-year old man was found in Maritsa river, in southern Bulgaria, after a six-day search, BGNES reported on Tuesday.
Rescue and search teams including scuba divers assisted by volunteers combed the area before finding the body of Petar Valchev two kilometers downstream from the place where he had disappeared in the region of Plovdiv city, according to the news outlet.
Maritsa, though seemingly calm, can be quite dangerous particularly immediately after heavy rainfall which was the case when the young man disappeared.
- » One Man was Killed in an Explosion at an Austrian Gas Terminal
- » There are Reports of a Bomb in Israeli Embassy in Sofia
- » Fire Destroys Pagoda Believed to be Tallest in Asia
- » Bus Caught on Fire on the Boulevard "Tsarigradsko Shose"
- » Fire from Yesterday has Completely Destroyed a Building of the Burgas Gendarmerie (Picture)
- » 40-Year-Old Woman Falls to Her Death From the Bridge ''Vitinya'' While Trying to Make Selfie