Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
The dead body of a 19-year old man was found in Maritsa river, in southern Bulgaria, after a six-day search, BGNES reported on Tuesday.
Rescue and search teams including scuba divers assisted by volunteers combed the area before finding the body of Petar Valchev two kilometers downstream from the place where he had disappeared in the region of Plovdiv city, according to the news outlet.
Maritsa, though seemingly calm, can be quite dangerous particularly immediately after heavy rainfall which was the case when the young man disappeared.
- » Avalanche Killed a Young Woman in Pirin
- » Passenger Airliner with 66 People Crashed in Iran
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Repeatedly Ran Over on a Highway in the UK
- » Avalanche Killed Three Skiers in the French Pyrenees
- » Crash Involving More than 10 Cars in Sofia
- » Several People at a Party in Burgas were Detained after Physical Altercation with the Police