Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
At its meeting on Tuesday, the Bulgarian government approved additional transfers from the budget of the education ministry to the budget of municipalities amounting to slightly over BGN 26 M.
Close to BGN 18.6 M will be provided for the purchase of textbooks for children and pupils in up to fourth grade in municipal primary schools and kindergartens for 2016.
The allocation of the funds has been coordinated with the latest information submitted during the latest update on the ADMIN information system made in February 2016.
Funds will also be provided for the purchase of additional textbooks in municipalities in which there is increase in the number of pupils compared to the previous year.
Nearly BGN 1.45 M will be allocated for the payment of scholarships awarded to pupils in municipal schools achieving best results in the state exams in Bulgarian language and literature and mathematics held at the end of secondary school.
Close to BGN 6 M will be allocated to the module “Optimisation of internal structure of schools, kindergartens and individual dormitories” under the national programme “Optimisation of school network”.
These funds will be provided as compensations due to staff for their efforts in optimizing the internal structure of kindergartens and schools.
- » Over 6500 Bulgarian Students Will Receive Euro Scholarships For the Winter Semester
- » 1,200 Students will Receive Financial Support for Outstanding Performance
- » 892 Schools Across the Country are Closed Due to the Flu Epidemic
- » The Bourgas Prosecutor's Office Ordered a Check on Violence Against Children in a Kindergarten
- » In 887 Schools in the Country there are no Classes Because of the Flu
- » A Branch of the National Academy of Arts will be Opened in Burgas