Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
The body of the fourteen-year-old girl, who had gone missing in the Danube river near the Bulgarian town of Silistra at the beginning of June, has been found.
The body was found in the Romanian section of the river and will be handed to Bulgarian authorities, Darik radio informs.
The drowning incident occurred at the beginning of the month after the girl had gone swimming in the river with a group of friends. When they decided to go out of the river, the girl suddenly disappeared in the water.
The children swam near the bank, but they also engaged in swimming competitions, one of which proved fatal for the girl.
Bathing in the river is prohibited with a permanent order of the mayor of Silistra.
Meanwhile, the search operation for the nineteen-year-old man, who went missing in the Maritsa river in Plovdiv last week, continues.
Petar went bathing with his girlfriend in the area of the rowing base, but got carried away by the water and started drowning.
The seventeen-year-old girl managed to get out of the water on time and tried to help Petar by passing him a piece of wood, but he did not manage to catch it.
- » SUV Plowed into Pedestrians in Kharkiv, Six Died and 11 were Injured
- » Ed Sheeran Broke his Both Hands, Postponed Concerts in Asia
- » Spanish Fighter Jet Crashed During Takeoff from the Base, Pilot Killed
- » Famous Maltese Journalist and Blogger Dies in Car Bomb Attack
- » Military Plane Crash in Spain - Casualties Unclear
- » Fire Burned Goethe's Wooden Tower in Frankfurt