Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Starts in Wimbledon on Monday
The highest ranking Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov will begin his participation at Wimbledon on Monday.
In a match from the first round, Dimitrov will face Bjorn Fratangelo from the USA.
The Bulgarian climbed two positions in the latest ATP ranking released on Monday and at present occupies 37th place.
Dimitrov's latest performance has been disappointing. He has suffered six defeats in a row and was ousted from the first round of five consecutive tournaments.
In 2014, Dimitrov made his best performance at Wimbledon so far by reaching the semifinals where he was defeated by Novak Djokovic. Since then, the performance of the Bulgarian has been largely downhill.
Meanwhile, the highest ranking Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova will begin her participation at Wimbledon on Tuesday.
In a match from the first round, Pironkova will face Belinda Bencic from Switzerland.
The Bulgarian dropped twelve positions in the latest WTA ranking released on Monday and at present occupies the 71st position.
Pironkova has impressed with her performance recently. In the past month, she played for the first time in her career at the quarterfinals of Roland Garros and she also reached the same stage of the tournament in Birmingham.
Pironkova's best performance in Wimbledon so far has been to play in the semifinals and quarterfinals in two consecutive years – 2010 and 2011.
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Become Part of the World Team Against Australia
- » The Movement in the Center Sofia will be Limited Because of Installation of Christmas Decoration
- » The Match of the Season for Ludogorets in Europe