Bulgarian Olympic Medalist Will Not Box at Rio Olympics
Bulgarian boxer Tervel Pulev will not participate at the forthcoming Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro later this summer.
Pulev, who claimed a bronze medal in the men's boxing heavyweight division (91 kg) at the 2012 Olympics in London, complained on Tuesday of the accumulation of several micro injuries in his hand.
This has prevented him from strictly following his training schedule, which has been completed only at 30-40 %, a result that is not satisfactory enough.
Therefore, he sees no point to contest the only Olympic qualification, in which he is entitled to participate.
Tervel, who is the younger brother of reigning European heavyweight champion Kubrat Pulev, won bronze medal at the latest edition of the European boxing championship held in Bulgaria's Samokov last year.
- » Gambling in the British Premier League
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam
- » Milan Won 3:0 Against Ludogorets in Razgrad