Austrian Police Prevent Attempted Smuggling of 17 Migrants from Hungary
Austrian police thwarted an attempt to smuggle 17 irregilar migrants from Hungary, the AP reported on Sunday.
Police have found the people – 11 men and six women – inside a Romanian-registered vehicle stopped for a check at Nickelsdorf, on the border with Hungary. The irregular migrants came from Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Pakistan.
The driver of the vehicle, a Romanian citizen, has been detained over suspected people smuggling, according to the AP.
Austria re-introduced checks on its border with Hungary to curb the flow of irregular migrants in April.
- » Theresa May Pledges to Keep EU Arrest Warrant and Europol Links
- » France Calls For Opening of Humanitarian Corridors in Syria
- » The Deputy Chief of the European Parliament has Been Removed Because of Insulting Opponents
- » George Soros Donated Money to Campaign For a Rerun of Britain's EU Referendum
- » The Race for Juncker's Successor at the Helm of the European Commission is Fueling Tensions
- » The EP has Made it Easier to Shop Online in Europe