Bulgaria’s Industrial Production Index Rises 2.5% Y/Y in April
Bulgaria’s industrial production index adjusted for the number of working days rose by 2.5% year-on-year in April 2016, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) has said.
The industrial production index decreased by 0.1% month-on-month in April, according to seasonally adjusted preliminary data, the NSI said in a monthly survey published on Tuesday.
In April 2016, the industrial production index increased by 4.9% year-on-year in the manufacturing sector and by 2.5% in the mining and quarrying industry. The index measuring production in the energy sector (electricity, gas, heating energy) decreased by 6.8% year-on-year.
Within the manufacturing sector, the production of metal products (less machines and equipment) rose most, increasing by 40.8% on the year in April. Manufacturing of transport equipment rose by 29.3%, production of textiles was 15.9% higher, and an increase of 12.5% was registered in the manufacturing of paper and paper products.
- » Bulgaria in the Top 5 in the EU on Export Growth for the Period January-September
- » Britain has Allowed the Tests of Autonomous Cars
- » Volkswagen will Invest EUR 22.8 Billion in its Factories
- » Subaru has Withdrawn nearly 400,000 of its Cars due to a Lack of Safety Check
- » The Tender for the Highway to Pleven / Lovech will be in the Second Half of 2018
- » Bulgaria will Work for an European Strategy for the Oil Industry