Bulgarian PM Appoints Another Deputy Labour Minister
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has appointed Ivaylo Ivanov as Deputy Labour Minister, the government's press service informed on Friday.
Ivanov holds Master's degree in Finance and Credit from the Academy of Economics in Svishtov and Master in Law from the South-west University in Blagoevgrad.
Since 2003 he has been working at the Social Assistance Agency, where he has held various positions from expert to management level. He has served as executive director of the agency since September 2009. Ivanov also has considerable experience in the field of insurance.
This is the latest in a series of appointments to the labour ministry after the resignation of former Deputy Prime Minister and Labour Minister Ivaylo Kalfin last month.
Kalfin resigned in line with the decision of his left-wing Alternative for Bulgarian Revival (ABV) party to withdraw its support for the government due to disagreement with its policies.
The deputy of Kalfin, Zornitsa Rusinova, was appointed as his successor. Last week, Denitsa Sacheva was appointed as Deputy Labour Minister.
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body
- » About 30% of Children in Refugee Centers go to School
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting