Bulgaria’s 2015 Arms Exports Top EUR 640 M, Up 50% Y/Y
Bulgarian exports of military hardware increased by more than 50% last year compared with 2014, a government official has said.
“The enterprises of the Bulgarian defence industry sector have sold products worth more than EUR 640 M,” Deputy Economy Minister Lyuben Petrov told a news conference at the opening of 12th XII International Defence Equipment Exhibition Hemus 2016 in the city of Plovdiv on Wednesday.
Export destinations included Afghanistan, Iraq, India, Saudi Arabia and the United States, Petrov added.
The three-day exhibition of arms and military equipment has brought together together 63 manufacturers – 41 from Bulgaria and 22 based abroad, as well as potential customers from around the world.
Petrov said that the Economy Ministry puts priority of easing the administrative burden on Bulgaria's defence industry to create favourable conditions for the development of the sector. He cited as an example recent changes to export control legislation that extend the validity of arms trade licences to five years from three and cut the number of documents required for obtaining a licence.
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity
- » Industrial Production in Bulgaria Down 1.5% MoM in February
- » The Most Active Home Building Process in Sofia is in "Vitosha" District
- » Skopje Invests EUR 270 Million in 800 km of Roads
- » Financial Problems for 1/3 of the Construction Companies in Bulgaria
- » 10 Candidates Want to Make the Pipes For the Bulgaria - Greece Interconnector