Bulgaria’s Services Turnover Index Picks up 8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
The turnover index in Bulgaria’s services sector adjusted for the number of workdays rose by 8% year-on-year for the first quarter of 2016, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) announced on Wednesday.
The most significant increase was registered in the sub-index measuring activities in Postal and Courier Services (13.1%) and Warehousing and Support for Transportation (10.8%). A decrease was observed in Water Transport and Air Transport services, by 6% and 3.5%, respectively.
The turnover sub-index for the Information and Communication Services sector increased by 9.2% year-on-year in first quarter of 2016. The largest increase was posted in Production of Films, Video and TV Programmes (28%) and Information Services (25.4%).
The sub-index measuring the activities in the sector of Other Business Services also rose in the first quarter of 2016 compared to the same period last year. The largest increase, 63.1%, was registered in in Office Support services, while a drop of 9.5% was observed in the subsector of Architectural and Engineering Activities, the NSI said in a quarterly survey.
- » Part of Europe Left Without Gas Due to the Explosion in Austria
- » Passenger Numbers at Bulgaria's Varna, Burgas Airports Rise in Jan-Nov
- » World Bank Halts Financing of Oil and Gas Projects from 2019
- » Some Ryanair Pilots in Ireland to Strike, German Union Steps Up Pressure
- » Municipality, Part of the Metropolitan Area in Venezuela Introduced its Own Currency
- » Apple Confirms it Has Acquired Shazam