Bulgaria ex-EconMin to Head Slovenia's Honorary Consulate
Former Economy and later State Administration Minister Nikolay Vasilev is to head the newly-opened Honorary Consulate of Slovenia in Bulgaria, the government has decided.
Vasilev was Deputy Prime Minister in the 2001-2005 cabinet of Bulgaria's last monarch, Simeon Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, first (2001-2003) also serving as Economy Minister and then being reshuffled to oversee transport.
Between 2005 and 2009, he served as minister for state administration.
Following its Wednesday session, the cabinet has expressed confidence the move would tap on unused potential in political dialogue and economic relations after "good cooperation within the organization [Bulgaria and Slovenia] are members of" over the past two decades.
Prior to his appointment, matters related to Bulgaria were addressed by the Slovenian Embassy in Budapest.
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations