Bulgarian Intelligence ex-Head: Free Visa Regime w/ Turkey 'Threatens National Security'
Visa liberalization with Turkey poses a new threat to Bulgarian national security, Kircho Kirov, the former chair of the national security service, has said.
The biggest problems would come for countries in the EU's border regions, Kirov has told Focus Radio.
Being Turkey's neighbor Bulgaria is likely to experience a new inflow of migrants due to a limited capacity of Ankara to control the borders amid political tensions, he opined.
Separately, the visa liberalization would affect up to 350 000 migrants who have already been handed Turkish passport and will be allowed to travel freely across the border.
Kirov headed the State Intelligence Agency (formerly National Intelligence Service) between 2002 and 2012.
- » Whist - Physical Theatre & Virtual Reality in Sofia
- » Eurobarometer: 55% of Bulgarians Support the EU Membership of the Country
- » Together in Security – Bulgaria’s Role in the Common European Defense
- » The Mirror: Steeped in History and Local charm, Sozopol Continues to be a Hit with Tourists
- » Maxim Behar: The Meaningful Messages to Europe must Come from Sofia
- » Politico: Bulgarian Far Right Set to Shock Brussels
I do not blame the British for leaving EU.. they have reasons for that..the EU government is very very ill.
If some German homosexual believe that she/he can impose on us open border with Turkey!!!! than we also have reason to leave EU.. and she obviously do not understand that..than how she/he reached such position of power?? to decide for us that we should open the borders with Turkey!!!
Your damned right the visa BS with Turkey and the EU jeopardizes the security of Bulgaria but if you read my posts I have said this all along since 2010 I have been saying this when the Communists government of the 70\'s & 80\'s defended its southern border against Turkey that was the intelligent thing to do Erdogan is a malko hitler and Bulgaria is letting the EU dictate it sovereign borders....BEWARE !!!!!!!!