Author of Cartoons Taken Off Bulgaria TV Station Joins Slavi's Show
Chavdar Nikolov, a cartoonist whose contract with private NOVA TV station was terminated and his video cartoon of Bulgaria's Prime Minister removed, has signed with Slavi's Show, one of the most watched evening talkshows in the country.
The host, Slavi Trifonov, is widely thought to be seeking a way into politics through a six-point referendum on the political system of Bulgaria that is due later this year.
On Friday, Trifonov announced that Nikolov had joined his team, also airing a video cartoon by him mocking Borisov over the Electoral Code of Bulgaria.
Dnevnik quotes Nikolov as saying he is to release one video cartoon on Slavi's Show every week (the show itself is aired on weekdays).
In April, NOVA removed a video cartoon of Borisov mocking his attitude to "migrant hunters" along Bulgaria's southern border.
- » EU to Open Case Against Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic Over Migration
- » Burgas Municipality Introduces Electrical Bicycles
- » The Government will Provide BGN 35.1 Million to Municipalities for Improvement of Infrastructure
- » Important Information For Anyone Planning to Travel to East Bulgaria
- » The Whole 'Tsarigradsko Shose' Boulevard has Cracks after Repairs Last Year
- » Bulgarian Government Approves Amendments in Labour Code for Additional Protection to Workers