Author of Cartoons Taken Off Bulgaria TV Station Joins Slavi's Show
Chavdar Nikolov, a cartoonist whose contract with private NOVA TV station was terminated and his video cartoon of Bulgaria's Prime Minister removed, has signed with Slavi's Show, one of the most watched evening talkshows in the country.
The host, Slavi Trifonov, is widely thought to be seeking a way into politics through a six-point referendum on the political system of Bulgaria that is due later this year.
On Friday, Trifonov announced that Nikolov had joined his team, also airing a video cartoon by him mocking Borisov over the Electoral Code of Bulgaria.
Dnevnik quotes Nikolov as saying he is to release one video cartoon on Slavi's Show every week (the show itself is aired on weekdays).
In April, NOVA removed a video cartoon of Borisov mocking his attitude to "migrant hunters" along Bulgaria's southern border.
- » CEM will Check if There is Censorship and Pressure in the Bulgarian National Television
- » 174 People Spent the Night at the Crisis Centre For Homeless People in the Capital
- » "For" and "Against" the Istanbul Convention Today in Parliament
- » A Motion of no Confidence Enters the National Assembly Today
- » The Ombudsman and the Trade Unions Submit a Legislative Proposal to Protect Labor Rights
- » Investments of over BGN 12 Million in the Border Region Between Bulgaria and Serbia