Author of Cartoons Taken Off Bulgaria TV Station Joins Slavi's Show
Chavdar Nikolov, a cartoonist whose contract with private NOVA TV station was terminated and his video cartoon of Bulgaria's Prime Minister removed, has signed with Slavi's Show, one of the most watched evening talkshows in the country.
The host, Slavi Trifonov, is widely thought to be seeking a way into politics through a six-point referendum on the political system of Bulgaria that is due later this year.
On Friday, Trifonov announced that Nikolov had joined his team, also airing a video cartoon by him mocking Borisov over the Electoral Code of Bulgaria.
Dnevnik quotes Nikolov as saying he is to release one video cartoon on Slavi's Show every week (the show itself is aired on weekdays).
In April, NOVA removed a video cartoon of Borisov mocking his attitude to "migrant hunters" along Bulgaria's southern border.
- » President Radev Demands EU Role As Mediator Between Macedonia Political Parties
- » Varna Airport Reopens In Wake of Suspicious Luggage Alert
- » President Radev: ‘I Shall Insist On Stronger EU Commitment to Republic of Macedonia’
- » Increased Traffic Police Check Points Over the Weekend
- » Sofia Parliament Adopts Declaration For Macedonia
- » President Radev Voices Concern Over Situation in Macedonia