Bulgarian Authorities Detain 21 Illegal Migrants Near Border with Turkey
Bulgarian border police officers have detained 21 illegal migrants near the border with Turkey.
They were detained near the village of Granichar in the municipality of Sredets, Darik radio informs.
There are both children and women among the migrants, who claimed to come from Iraq. The youngest migrant from the group is eight years old, while the eldest members is aged 42.
The migrants have been accommodated at a specialised centre.
Another 25-year-old foreigner was detained during a police check in the village of Saedinenie in the municipality of Sungurlare on Sunday.
The young man, who identified himself as coming from Syria, was detained upon his failure to present identity documents after being asked by police.
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq
- » Bulgaria’s Border Police Breakes Up Criminal Group Manufacturing Counterfeit Identification Documents
- » Airports and Nuclear Power Stations on Terror Alert