Bulgaria to Host 40th World Congress of Vine and Wine
Bulgaria will host in parallel the 40th World Congress of Vine and Wine and the 15th General Assembly of the International Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV) next year, the country’s Agriculture Ministry has announced.
The decision was taken by a vote of OIV member states at a meeting of the organisation’s Executive Committee in Paris on Saturday.
“An event of this magnitude will be a great opportunity for exchange of expertise and presentation of Bulgaria as a good wine destination,” the Agriculture Ministry said in a statement on Sunday.
The eight-day congress will bring together over 1,000 representatives of the member states of the organization.
As of 27 August 2015 the International Organisation of Vine and Wine was made up of 46 member states, including 21 from the EU.
The OIV is an intergovernmental organisation of a scientific and technical nature of recognised competence for its works concerning vines, wine, wine-based beverages, table grapes, raisins and other vine-based products.
- » 700 Million Worth of Investments and 2700 New Jobs for Several Months
- » Bulgaria Launched one of the Largest Agricultural Exhibitions in Europe
- » Mergermarket: Telenor Sells its Bulgarian Operator to a US Fund
- » Bulgaria is Seventh in the EU in Increase of House Prices in 2017
- » Bansko Ski Center is Shut Down Due to Hurricane Wind
- » Emirates Airlines Ordered Aircrafts for USD 16 Billion