Netherlands on Bike Exhibition Unveiled in Central Sofia
Starting Friday, the Lovers' Bridge in the center of Bulgaria's capital Sofia is hosting an exhibition of posters showing images of the Netherlands and its bikes.
Sixty 60 posters have been arranged along the bridge, located behind the National Palace of Culture (NDK) building, to introduce "the Netherlands, its bicycles, natural beauty, and innovative essence," the Dutch Embassy in Sofia has said.
The exhibition will be available by April 14, 2016. In the meantime, a 4-km bicycle tour will begin in front of the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Sofia on Sunday, April 10, at 10:30 local time.
H.E. Tom van Oorschot - the Netherlands' Ambassador to Bulgaria, - Sofia district mayor and municipal councilors will also take part in the initiative.
The final destination for participants in the tour will be the South Park, where they will be able to enjoy live music and bike contests after 12:00.
The Embassy has prepared the two events as part of the forthcoming Cycling Festival Europe 2016, based on a concept adopted by the EU last year which singles out cycling as a climate-friendly model of transport.
The festival, due later this April, is within the Netherlands' rotational presidency of the Council of the EU, which is to end in June.
- » Sacred Language of My Predecessors: An Exhibition on Croatian-Bulgarian Parallels
- » Ilham Ahmed: Sudan Wants to Revive Ties with Bulgaria at All Levels
- » Iraq's Embassy Hosts Photo Exhibition in Support of Mosul Offensive
- » Rajesh Kumar Sachdeva: Bulgaria Emerging as Destination for Indian Film Industry
- » Bulgaria, Sudan Mark 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations
- » Irit Lillian: History Should Not Be Most Important Element in Israel-Bulgara Relations