Greece’s Intralot Acquires 49% of Bulgaria’s Eurobet
Athens-listed Intralot has announced the acquisition of a 49% stake in Bulgaria’s Eurobet, a company that offers numerical games and scratch tickets.
The acquisition is expected to be completed by June 2016 pending regulatory approvals, the Greek lottery and gambling technology provider said in a statement on Wednesday.
The price of the deal was not disclosed.
Intralot already owns 49% of Bulgaria’s Eurofootball, offering Fixed Odds and Live Betting thorough a network of 850 shops in the country.
Intralot Group CEO Antonios Kerastaris commented in the statement: “We are proud to expand our presence in Bulgaria through acquiring a strategic share in Eurobet, a market leader in its sector.”
Eurobet operates through a network of 1,100 points of sale in Bulgaria.
Eurobet CEO Milen Stamatov said that "Intralot’s strategic participation in Eurobet highlights our company's ability to attract international investors and reinforces our position in the local gaming market.”
- » Foreign Investment in Bulgaria For January Increased by 64.6%
- » China Vows to Hit Back as Trump Prepares Trade Sanctions
- » Under OP ''Inovation and Competitiveness'' Clusters in Bulgaria are Supported with over € 36 million
- » 18% has Increased the Passenger Flow Through the Bulgarian Airports for 2017
- » Telenor Officially Sold its Business to Czech Billionaire
- » Labor Costs Increase by 12% by the End of 2017