Head of Bulgaria’s Road Transport Administration Reportedly Detained over Suspected Wrongdoing
Tsvetelin Tsvetanov, chairman of Bulgaria’s Road Transport Administration Executive Agency, has been detained by police in Sofia as part of a country-wide operation against suspected wrongdoing in licensing procedures at the agency, public radio broadcaster BNR reported on Wednesday.
More than 10 people have been arrested so far in the operation conducted in Sofia, Varna, Gabrovo, Vratsa and Vidin by the directorate for combating organized crime with the Ministry of the Interior, BNR said citing unofficial information.
The operation has been connected with suspected offences in issuing certificates to road transport companies as well as driving licences, according to sources from the directorate, BNR said.
No official information has been released by the Ministry of the Interior or the Transport Ministry by 8 p.m. Sofia time on Wednesday.
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan
- » 8 were Killed and 10 Injured in a Minibus Explosion in the Syrian city of Homs