Bulgaria Removes Gibraltar from Tax Haven List
Gibraltar is not anymore on Bulgaria's "tax haven list", the European Commission website shows.
Local daily Gibraltar Chronicle points to the development as a result of "intensive lobbying" by Gibraltar's Finance Minister Albert Isola and the Gibraltar Finance Bulgaria team.
The nation of 32 000 is now shown as "listed" for tax purposes only by Croatia, Greece, Lithuania, Portugal, and Spain.
It recently carried out successful negotiations with Canada, Estonia, Italy, Latvia and Poland and subsequently contacted the Bulgarian Finance Ministry after meeting with Bulgaria's Ambassador to the UK, Konstantin Dimitrov.
The list includes an "overview" of how member states estimate third countries' application of standards of tax good governance.
Bulgaria currently lists other tiny European states such as Andorra, the British Virgin Islands, the Isla of Man, and Monaco.
- » BNB Reports Current Account Surplus
- » Household Incomes Grows Faster Than Expenses
- » Unemployment Rate Down by 1.9% Over One Year
- » NSI: Average Social Security Income for Bulgaria in February 2017 is BGN 791.26
- » NSI: Negative Inflation of Minus 0.5% Registered in March, 2017
- » Serious Growth of Bulgaria’s Foreign Turnover