Bulgaria Removes Gibraltar from Tax Haven List
Gibraltar is not anymore on Bulgaria's "tax haven list", the European Commission website shows.
Local daily Gibraltar Chronicle points to the development as a result of "intensive lobbying" by Gibraltar's Finance Minister Albert Isola and the Gibraltar Finance Bulgaria team.
The nation of 32 000 is now shown as "listed" for tax purposes only by Croatia, Greece, Lithuania, Portugal, and Spain.
It recently carried out successful negotiations with Canada, Estonia, Italy, Latvia and Poland and subsequently contacted the Bulgarian Finance Ministry after meeting with Bulgaria's Ambassador to the UK, Konstantin Dimitrov.
The list includes an "overview" of how member states estimate third countries' application of standards of tax good governance.
Bulgaria currently lists other tiny European states such as Andorra, the British Virgin Islands, the Isla of Man, and Monaco.
- » Bulgarians Abroad Sent BGN 1 B Back Home in 2016
- » Citizen Deposits in Banks Grow by 6.9% Year-on-Year in August 2016
- » Prices of Cigarettes to Go Up in Bulgaria through 2017
- » Cigarette Prices To Increase in 2017
- » Tax Declarations To Be Filed Electronically As Of 2018
- » BNB Reports Positive Balance Of Payments in July