Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Returns to WTA Top 100
The best Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova returned to the top 100 of the WTA ranking.
Pironkova occupies the 93th position with 722 points in the latest ranking released on Monday, climbing twelve places from her previous standing.
This progress is due to her performance at the San Antonio Open where the Bulgarian reached the semifinals.
Not having conceded a set in the first three matches of the tournament, Pironkova succumbed to Misaki Doi from Japan with 4:6, 6:2, 4:6. The Japanese then went on to win the title.
Meanwhile, the highest ranking Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov dropped two positions in the latest ATP ranking and currently occupies the 28th place with 1385 points.
- » Kylian Mbappe was Chosen as the Best Young footballer in Europe
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Eighth in the World
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Semi-finalist in Stockholm
- » Putin Described Russia's Olympic Problems as "Humiliation for the Country"
- » Ludogorets Defeated Sporting Braga with 2:0 and is Leader in Group C of Europa League
- » Grigor Dimitrov Progresses to the Next Round of the Stockholm Tournament