Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Returns to WTA Top 100
The best Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova returned to the top 100 of the WTA ranking.
Pironkova occupies the 93th position with 722 points in the latest ranking released on Monday, climbing twelve places from her previous standing.
This progress is due to her performance at the San Antonio Open where the Bulgarian reached the semifinals.
Not having conceded a set in the first three matches of the tournament, Pironkova succumbed to Misaki Doi from Japan with 4:6, 6:2, 4:6. The Japanese then went on to win the title.
Meanwhile, the highest ranking Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov dropped two positions in the latest ATP ranking and currently occupies the 28th place with 1385 points.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Struggled but Reached the Third Round of the Australian Open
- » Ronaldinho: Brazilian World Cup Winner Retires From Football
- » Grigor Dimitrov on the Court Again on Wednesday at 10:00 Bulgarian Time
- » Novak Djokovic HITS BACK Over ‘Exaggerated’ Australian Open
- » Dimitrov Easily Qualified for the Australian Open's Second Round
- » Ronaldo to Leave Real Madrid?