Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Semifinals in San Antonio
The highest ranking Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova proceeded to the semifinals of the San Antonio Open.
In a match from the quarterfinals, Pironkova defeated Donna Vekic from Croatia with 6:2, 6:1 in less than an hour.
The Bulgarian conceded two breaks, but scored a total of six and recorded her second victory against Vekic in the space of a week after she had also won their encounter in Indian Wells last week.
With the latest victory, Pironkova has won on all three occasions against her Croatian opponent.
The Bulgarian continues with her excellent performance in San Antonio, not having conceded a set in the first three matches of the tournament.
In the semifinal, Pironkova will face the Japanese Misaki Doi.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualified for the Third Round in Miami
- » Bulgaria's National Football Team will Face its First Test for 2018
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Close the Friday Program in Miami
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Fourth in the World Tennis Rankings
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies