Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Semifinals in San Antonio
The highest ranking Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova proceeded to the semifinals of the San Antonio Open.
In a match from the quarterfinals, Pironkova defeated Donna Vekic from Croatia with 6:2, 6:1 in less than an hour.
The Bulgarian conceded two breaks, but scored a total of six and recorded her second victory against Vekic in the space of a week after she had also won their encounter in Indian Wells last week.
With the latest victory, Pironkova has won on all three occasions against her Croatian opponent.
The Bulgarian continues with her excellent performance in San Antonio, not having conceded a set in the first three matches of the tournament.
In the semifinal, Pironkova will face the Japanese Misaki Doi.
- » Football Super Star Lionel Messi Reached 100 Goals in the Champions League
- » Italy Against Sweden in FIFA World Cup Play-off
- » IBF Confirmed: Pulev Remains an Official Contender for the World Titles
- » Football Club "Malmö" FF Lifted the 20th Title of Sweden
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Take Part in Tennis Tournament in Vienna
- » Official: There will be No Match Between Pulev and Joshua