Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Semifinals in San Antonio
The highest ranking Bulgarian female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova proceeded to the semifinals of the San Antonio Open.
In a match from the quarterfinals, Pironkova defeated Donna Vekic from Croatia with 6:2, 6:1 in less than an hour.
The Bulgarian conceded two breaks, but scored a total of six and recorded her second victory against Vekic in the space of a week after she had also won their encounter in Indian Wells last week.
With the latest victory, Pironkova has won on all three occasions against her Croatian opponent.
The Bulgarian continues with her excellent performance in San Antonio, not having conceded a set in the first three matches of the tournament.
In the semifinal, Pironkova will face the Japanese Misaki Doi.
- » CSKA Sofia Eliminated Ludogorets in the Bulgarian Cup Competition
- » Dimitrov Dive Volley Named Masters 1000 Golden Hot Shot (Video)
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Become Part of the World Team Against Australia