Bulgaria Claims Two Bronze Medals in First Day of European Wrestling Championship
Bulgaria claimed two bronze medals in the opening day of the European wrestling championship which is taking place in Riga between Monday and Sunday.
The medals were won by Elitsa Yankova in the women's 48 kg category and by Georgi Vangelov in the men's 57 kg freestyle.
In the match for the bronze medal, Yankova defeated Valentina Brik from Russia with 7-6 after being down 0-6.
Prior to that, she had successively defeated Anna Lukasiak from Poland in the qualification and Yana Stadnik from the UK in the quarterfinal.
In the semifinal, Yankova lost by fall to Mariya Stadnyk from Azerbaijan who went on to claim the gold medal.
In the match for the bronze medal, Vangelov defeated Asadulla Lachinau from Belarus with 7-3.
Prior to that, he had successively defeated Suleyman Atli from Turkey in the qualification and Zoheir El Ourraqe from France in the 1/8 finals.
In the quarterfinal, the Bulgarian suffered a defeat to Gadzhimurad Rashidov to Russia, who went on to win the gold medal.
In a repechage, Vangelov defeated Yuriy Holub from Israel with 8-0 and made it to the match for the bronze medal.
- » Federer is Officially the Oldest Number One in Tennis
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Federer in Less Than an Hour
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play in the Semifinals in Rotterdam
- » With a New Victory Dimitrov Qualified for the Quarterfinals in Rotterdam
- » Milan Won 3:0 Against Ludogorets in Razgrad
- » Ludogorets has Prepared a Unique Gift to Milan (Photos)