Bulgaria Posts BGN 991 M Budget Surplus for January
Bulgaria’s consolidated budget showed a surplus of BGN 991.6 M for end-January equivalent to 1.1% of the projected 2016 GDP, according to preliminary data released by the Finance Ministry on Monday.
This compared with a consolidated budget surplus of BGN 69.1 M equivalent to 0.1% of GDP at end-January 2015.
The Finance Ministry attributed the rise in surplus to the higher rate of increase in budget revenue and grants as well as decreased spending compared with January 2015.
Revenues and grants received in January 2016 increased by 26.7% year-on-year, reaching BGN 3.13 B, or 9.5% of annual plan.This compared with year-on-year increase in revenue and grants by 19.3% and 15.8% for January 2015 and January 2014 respectively, the Finance Ministry said in a monthly budget report.
Expenditure under the consolidated budget, including Bulgaria’s contribution into the European Union budget, totalled BGN 2.14 B, or 6.1% of the 2016 plan. This compared with consolidated budget spending of BGN 2.40 B for January 2015.
- » Bitcoin Hit an All-Time High Just Below $8,000
- » Proposal: BGN 510 Min Salary From January
- » The CPC Fined the Bulgarian Stock Exchange with 1775 BGN for Unfair Competition
- » Bulgaria's GDP Growth Accelerates to 3.9% in Q3 2017
- » 0.6% Monthly Inflation For October 2017
- » Projects for BGN 180m have been Implemented Under JESSICA Program