Authorities Investigate Suspected Murder in Palestinian Embassy in Sofia
Bulgarian authorities are investigating a suspected murder in the Palestinian embassy in Sofia.
The Bulgarian prosecutor’s office informed on Friday that an embassy official had submitted a signal for death resulting from violence on the territory of the embassy.
The Palestinian ambassador has granted access of the investigating team to the embassy, the prosecutor’s office informed.
The cause of death has not been established yet. It is believed that the dead person was not an embassy official.
According to private NOVA TV, the body belongs to Palestinian citizen Omar Zayed whose extradition had been requested by Israel.
Zayed has been sought in connection with serving the remainder of his life imprisonment sentence.
The Palestinian is convicted of the murder of an Israeli yeshiva student in occupied East Jerusalem in 1986.
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria