Bulgaria Returned 700 Migrants Not Eligible for Refugee Status in 2015
Last year Bulgaria returned around 700 migrants who did not meet the requirements for being granted refugee status.
Following the drop in migrant flow to Bulgaria, the country has returned around forty migrants monthly.
This was stated by Bulgarian Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova after her participation in the meeting of the Justice and Home Affairs (JHA) Council in Brussels on Thursday.
Bachvarova reminded that Bulgaria had expressed readiness to admit a hundred migrants from Greece and Italy under the resettlement quota mechanism, but only two people have arrived so far.
This was largely due to technical problems with the degree of readiness of other countries and checks conducted on candidates.
At the JHA council, Bulgaria reaffirmed its commitments to EU quotas.
The participants in the meeting agreed that there is need for joint efforts in dealing with the migrant crisis and implementation of decisions already taken.
Bulgaria expressed its support for the establishment of European border and coast guard.
Bachvrova assured that Bulgaria is already conducting systematic checks on its borders.
The council approved the proposed amendments to the Schengen Borders Code which foresee the introduction of systematic checks of EU citizens on the external borders of the Union as part of measures aimed at improving security.
- » ''Information Services'' Will Develop the Website of the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » The Brussels Report on Bulgaria will be Released in November
- » By December 20 Bulgaria Will Have Exact Program of Its Presidency of the Council of EU
- » 250 000 BGN Will Cost the Office Equipment for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of EU
- » Netherlands is also Against Bulgaria Entering Schengen
- » The German Interior Minister is Skeptical About Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen
Victory for Assad government means that Syria will be stable, centralized and secular state. Refugees can return there, EU administration under the pressure from Germany will not negotiate return of refugees. It is the individual EU countries that have to start negotiation of return of refugees.