Bulgaria to Allocate Up to BGN 35 M on Border Fence
At its regular meeting on Wednesday, the Bulgarian government approved the allocation of up to BGN 35 M on the construction of the temporary fence along the border with Turkey.
The additional expenses will come from the budget of the Council of Ministers and will be provided to the regional administrations of Burgas, Haskovo and Yambol, the regions through which the fence passes.
According to the government, the extension of the fence is of exceptional importance for countering the continuously increasing migrant pressureb exerted on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
The fence is also vital for protecting the external border of the EU and controlling the refugee wave, the government's press service informs.
- » General Prosecutor of Russia: 'Russia is Not a Threat to Bulgaria'
- » Traffic on 'Vitinya' Tunnel on Hemus Highway is Now Restored
- » There is No Data For Injured Bulgarian Citizens as a Result of the Earthquake in Mexico
- » Prosecutor is Sentenced to 6 Months Probation
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: ''Effective Management of Migration is Priority for Bulgarian EU Presidency''
- » European Investment Grows in Bulgaria