Former UN Chief Boutros Boutros-Ghali Dies at 93
The former United Nations Secretary-General Boutros Boutros-Ghali has died, the BBC reported on Tuesday.
He was 93 years old.
The announcement was made by the current President of the UN Security Council, Rafael Dario Ramirez Carreno, at the start of Tuesday’s session on the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, according to the AP.
The 15 members of the Security Council rose for a minute of silence in tribute to Boutros-Ghali.
The Egyptian politician and diplomat was the first Arab to head the world organisation.
He was the sixth UN Secretary-General, serving from January 1992 to December 1996.
- » One More Member of Motorhead Died
- » Singer Johnny Hallyday Dies Aged 74
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Andronia Popova - Roni from the Indie Band Nasekomix has Passed Away Aged 44
- » Music Legend Tom Petty Dies