Bulgaria's Borovets Hosts European Cup Ladies' Giant Slalom
The Bulgarian resort of Borovets is hosting the ladies' giant slalom of the FIS European Cup on Friday and Saturday.
The official opening will take place at 17.45 o'clock on Friday with free mulled wine provided to all.
The opening will be followed by the award ceremony of Friday's winners and the draw for the competition on Saturday.
Bulgaria will be represented by Maria Kirkova, Vera Asenova, Mihaela Kehayova and Daniela Elinova.
The Popangelov track where the giant slalom is being held will remain closed to visitors until Saturday.
All other tracks are open and in excellent condition, being suitable for both beginners and more experienced skiers and snowboarders.
The resort is providing free entrance and transport to spectators during the two days of the giant slalom.
This year the oldest Bulgarian winter resort is celebrating its 120th anniversary.
This is the second major ski competition in Bulgaria this week after Pamporovo hosted the European Cup ladies' slalom on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Triumphed in the Final Season Tournament in London! (Updated)
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Now 3rd in the World Ranking
- » Dimitar Berbatov's Adventure in India Begins Today
- » Ibrahimovic Could Play at World Cup 2018
- » WADA Refused to Return Russia's Rights
- » Anthony Ivanov will Swim for a University in Alabama