Bulgaria’s Industrial Production Index Increases in December
Bulgaria’s industrial production index increased by 0.5% month-on- month in December 2015 and was 1.6% higher on the year, according to preliminary data, the country’s statistics office said on Monday.
In a sector breakdown, the seasonally adjusted industrial production index increased by 1.9% month-on-month in the energy sector, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said in a statement. The index rose in the mining and quarrying industry by 0.7% and was 0.1% higher in the manufacturing sector.
The industrial production index adjusted for the number of working days rose by 4.5% on the year in December 2015 but decreased by 4.2% in the energy sector and was 1.4% lower in the mining and quarrying industry.
The index measures the average change in the value of production between two points in time.
- » The Construction of the "Turkish Stream" Terminal Started
- » China Ordered 184 Airbus Planes
- » Bulgaria Traditionally Exports Between 7 and 8 Thousand Tons of Honey Per Year
- » Business Owners Unhappy about Rising Industrial Electricity Prices
- » More Than Half of New Norway Car Sales Now Electric or Hybrid
- » Over 3 Million Electric Cars on the Roads Worldwide