Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
A male Romanian skier has died after hitting a rock outside a designated ski run in the Bulgarian winter resort of Bansko, BGNES reported on Sunday.
The accident took place man about 2 p.m. on Sunday in a ravine leading to Banderitza chalet below Todorka peak, according to the Bulgarian news outlet.
Initially, the man was descending on a designated ski run but at one point he went out of the safe area for an yet unknown reason. The Romanian was skiing down a ravine outside the ski run when he hit a rock in Banderitza river valley.
The name of the Romanian skier was not immediately known.
The skier was 45 years old, according to 24 Chasa daily.
- » Fire from Yesterday has Completely Destroyed a Building of the Burgas Gendarmerie (Picture)
- » 40-Year-Old Woman Falls to Her Death From the Bridge ''Vitinya'' While Trying to Make Selfie
- » Public Transport Bus Crashed into a Building in Plovdiv
- » Trains Collided near Dusseldorf, there are Dozens Injured
- » A Woman with a Child Sank into a Lake near the North Tangent
- » A Man Plowed into a Group of People after a Quarrel in Front of a Bar in New York