PM Borisov Calls for Immediately Closing EU's External Borders
Bulgarian Prime Minister called on Friday for an immediate closure of the external borders of the EU in view of the ongoing migrant crisis.
Borisov said this during a joint briefing with his Hungarian counterpart Viktor Orban who arrived on a visit to Bulgaria on Thursday evening.
The Bulgarian prime minister noted that European leaders have failed to reach consensus on this issue at several meetings of the European Council.
He expressed hope that at the forthcoming meetings of the European Council the European leaders will be fairer towards the migrants.
In his words, Europe could no longer sustain the refugee influx.
According to him, the return of migrants once they have reached western Europe was even more inhumane than halting them at the external borders.
Borisov was convinced that if earlier calls for closing the external borders had been heard half a year ago, there would have been need for fewer migrants to be returned.
He was firm that the stance of the EU should take into account the common European solidarity as no single state should be left on its own to deal with all the refugees.
During the press conference, Orban called on the EU to admit the success of Bulgaria in dealing with the refugee crisis and to offer the country membership to the Schengen Area.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: No New Recommendations From EC, Great Progress has been Made
- » EC Report: Bulgaria has Made Progress, but Still More Work is Needed
- » Frans Timmermans: We See Progress in Many Areas in Bulgaria, but Still More Work is Needed
- » EU Commissioner Maria Gabriel: Open Dialogue is the Key to Solving the "Fake News"
- » The EC will Present its Report on Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Bulgaria is Engaged in Permanent Defense Cooperation in the EU
The second visit of the Samos ambassadors to Sparta: \"Well, what do you ask for, Samosians?\" - And the ambassadors told that time the only one word: \"Flour\" and demonstrated the empty bags...............
Mr.Borisov, sorry, but what if to replace \"the EU external borders\" by the only one word?