Bad Weather Cancels Classes in 544 Bulgarian Schools on Monday
The Bulgarian Education Ministry announced on Monday that classes were suspended in 544 schools across the country due to bad weather conditions.
Classes were suspended in 172 schools due to bad weather conditions hampering traffic. The highest numbers of schools were affected in the region of Razgrad - 61, followed by Silistra - 47, Burgas – 28, Sliven – 20, Stara Zagora – 15 and Kardzhali - 1.
Classes were called off due to bad meteorological conditions in 365 schools. Pleven was the worst affected region with 76 schools closed, followed by Dobrich – 67, Shumen – 65, Targovishte – 55, Ruse – 35, Veliko Tarnovo – 20, Varna – 17, Vratsa – 17, Montana – 8, Plovdiv – 4 and Blagoevgrad - 1.
Lack of electricity and fuel suspended classes in four schools in the region of Pazardzhik and two educational establishments in Plovdiv.
Due to unforeseen repairs of the heating installation and other renovation works, classes were suspended in one school in the region of Lovech.
- » 4506 Cases of Harassment and Bullying have been Registered in Schools in Bulgaria
- » Over 17,000 Children were Brought Back to Class in Bulgaria
- » Municipalities Receive over BGN 440 000 for Education from the State Budget
- » Key Topic of BG EU Presidency: Modernization and Innovations in Teaching Methods
- » The MES will Try Move All Students into One Shift by 2021
- » Students From the EU 'to get £13,000 Brexit Loans From the UK