Deputy PM: Romania to Receive More Positive EU CVM Report than Bulgaria
Romania will be assessed more positively than Bulgaria in a EU Commission report on justice and internal affairs, Bulgarian Deputy PM Ekaterina Zaharieva has said.
In an interview with the Bulgarian National Radio, she has admitted Bucharest has performed far better than Bulgaria over the past year with regard to court cases of public interest, high-level corruption, the fight against organized crime.
The report on Bulgaria is expected aloingside the one on Romania on January 27.
"What they [the EU] expect from us are results on concrete cases... We spoke more about the independence of the judiciary... We spoked about the [changes to the] constitution being a good sted toward independence, but much more important steps are still ahead, and it is the changes to the law on the judiciary which will guarantee this independence," Zaharieva has said after meeting EU officials in Brussels.
- » Borisov to the MEPs: If there is so much Corruption, How are we Always First in Elections (Video)
- » Boyko Borisov Presents the Presidency's Priorities to the European Parliament
- » Experts Argue Whether Prices Would Rise if Bulgaria Introduces the Euro
- » The Speech of Donald Tusk Delivered in Bulgarian (Video)
- » Euronews: Bulgaria is Applying for Schengen by Strictly Guarding its Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria is Third in the EU to be Financed by the Juncker Plan in Respect to GDP