Bulgarian IntMin Hopes Fence at Border with Turkey to be Completed in March
Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova expressed hope that the main facilities of the fence at the border with Turkey will be completed by the end of March.
Bachvarova said this during a parliamentary question and answer session on Friday, daily Dnevnik informs.
She reminded that the fence has a length of 132.6 kilometres and is situated at the territories of three regions – Haskovo, Yambol and Burgas
The cost of the fence is BGN 60 M, with half of the sum having been absorbed until now.
According to her, the new facility is better than the one which had been constructed by the army during the government of Plamen Oresharski.
The barbed wire of the new facility is thicker, it has three rows instead of the existing two and the fence has warranty service of five years.
Also during the parliamentary question and answer session, Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev said that the army has been lending its support to the interior ministry on guarding the border since April last year.
According to him, this cooperation has been vital in preventing the uncontrolled entry of refugees and averting a humanitarian crisis.
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body
- » About 30% of Children in Refugee Centers go to School
- » BGN 80 Million is the Budget for Road Cleaning during the Winter
- » Bulgaria Media Still Under Political Pressure
- » Residents of the Mladost Quarter of Sofia Protest Because of Lack of Lighting