Bulgarian IntMin Hopes Fence at Border with Turkey to be Completed in March
Bulgarian Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova expressed hope that the main facilities of the fence at the border with Turkey will be completed by the end of March.
Bachvarova said this during a parliamentary question and answer session on Friday, daily Dnevnik informs.
She reminded that the fence has a length of 132.6 kilometres and is situated at the territories of three regions – Haskovo, Yambol and Burgas
The cost of the fence is BGN 60 M, with half of the sum having been absorbed until now.
According to her, the new facility is better than the one which had been constructed by the army during the government of Plamen Oresharski.
The barbed wire of the new facility is thicker, it has three rows instead of the existing two and the fence has warranty service of five years.
Also during the parliamentary question and answer session, Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev said that the army has been lending its support to the interior ministry on guarding the border since April last year.
According to him, this cooperation has been vital in preventing the uncontrolled entry of refugees and averting a humanitarian crisis.
- » Government will Increase the Salaries of Prison Staff
- » National Assembly has Adopted Rules for the Election of Deputy Chairperson and Members of the Anti-Corruption Body
- » Electronic Ticket in Sofia - in 2019
- » Controlled Water Release from Ticha Dam Continues
- » The Cabinet Decides Whether to Grant Easter Supplements to Pensions
- » 7 Years after the Start of the Toll System all Roads will be Repaired