Denmark Introduces Border Controls with Germany to Curb Migrant Flow
Denmark has announced it is closing its border with Germany, daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reports.
The development is a reaction to Sweden's move, hours earlier, to introduce passport control with Denmark, the newspaper quotes the country's PM Lars Lokke Rasmussen.
The measures is in force "starting immediately".
Stockholm earlier announced its decision about the Sweden-Denmark border as a move to restrict the migrant flow into the country, one of the most desired destinations of asylum seekers.
- » The Times: May U-Turn on Rights For EU Migrants After Brexit
- » Nationalism in Heart of Europe Needles EU
- » Brussels is Discussing the EU Budget after Brexit
- » Johannes Hahn: EU to Back Starting Entry Talks With Albania, Republic of Macedonia
- » Theresa May Pledges to Keep EU Arrest Warrant and Europol Links
- » France Calls For Opening of Humanitarian Corridors in Syria