Thousands of Bulgarians Welcomed New Year Outside Despite Cold Weather
Thousands of Bulgarians chose to attend New Year’s celebrations outside despite the cold weather.
In Sofia, locals and visitors to the Bulgarian capital attended the traditional celebrations at the Alexander Battenberg square, which featured a concert and fireworks.
Hundreds of people also gathered at the central square in Plovdiv despite a freezing temperature of minus 9, private bTV station informs.
A rock concert with the participation of Norwegian heavy metal star Jorn Lande was the highlight of the celebrations.
The festive concert i Varna lasted for three years, accompanied by a 15-minute firework show and people performing the traditional Bulgarian dance horo.
In Burgas, popular Bulgarian groups Te and Ostava entertained the people who had chosen to celebrate in the open.
In Veliko Tarnovo, people gathered around the stage in front of the municipality for a festive progamme featuring a concert and fireworks.
Most of the cities offered night services on some public transport lines, with part of them transporting people free of charge.
- » Eurostat: Bulgaria Provided Asylum mainly to Syrians in 2017
- » Woman Ordered Groceries Online, She Was Charged Rs. 87,000 For A Banana
- » Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran
- » A Volcano Erupted in Japan
- » CNN: More than 95% of World's Population Breathing Unhealthy Air
- » Sofia University will Аccept Students in the Specialty "Medicine"