Bulgarian Authorities Detain 32 Refugees, One Smuggler on Black Sea Coast
Bulgarian authorities detained on Saturday 32 refugees and one human smuggler near the mouth of the Karaagach river, which flows south of the Black Sea town of Kiten.
Only one of the migrants, among whom were seven women and nine children, was from Syria with the rest being from Iraq.
The refugees were transported by a Bulgarian citizen in a minibus bearing a Slovak licence plate.
The driver was born in Sofia, has a criminal record and has been convicted of robberies, Darik radio informs.
The driver has been detained by the authorities in Bulgaria and will be interrogated there on Monday.
Since August, the regional court in Tsarevo has convicted six human smugglers and issued 23 conditional sentences.
- » Arrested Suspect for the Attacks in Munich Earlier Today
- » Man goes to Court in Sofia for Trying to Sell Protected Specie Turtle
- » A Dog Trader Grows Nearly 300 Animals in an Illegal Kennel
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo