Bulgarian Authorities Detain 32 Refugees, One Smuggler on Black Sea Coast
Bulgarian authorities detained on Saturday 32 refugees and one human smuggler near the mouth of the Karaagach river, which flows south of the Black Sea town of Kiten.
Only one of the migrants, among whom were seven women and nine children, was from Syria with the rest being from Iraq.
The refugees were transported by a Bulgarian citizen in a minibus bearing a Slovak licence plate.
The driver was born in Sofia, has a criminal record and has been convicted of robberies, Darik radio informs.
The driver has been detained by the authorities in Bulgaria and will be interrogated there on Monday.
Since August, the regional court in Tsarevo has convicted six human smugglers and issued 23 conditional sentences.
- » Another School Shooting: 10 Dead and 10 Wounded in Texas
- » The Bulgarian Church Punished the Abbot, Caught Driving Drunk
- » A Man Scared Children at a School in Sofia (Updated)
- » The Police Arrested 41 Bulgarians in Spain
- » A Car with Bulgarian Registration was used in Spectacular Theft in Belgium
- » Spectacular Heist in Montana