Bulgaria's Main Ruling Party 'Discussing 2 Options' as Next Justice Min
Two options are on the table as nominees of Bulgaria's senior government partner GERB as a new Justice Minister is to be appointed, a GERB official has said.
Hristo Ivanov of Wednesday resigned as Justice Minister amid a dispute with lawmekrs, who revised his proposals for judicial reform.
Ivanov was among ministers proposed by the Reformist Bloc (RB), a right-wing coalition that is the junior government partner in the cabient of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
But as tensions are still rising between GERB and some parties in the RB over what the latter calls a "failed" judicial reform, the party of Borisov announced it would put forward its own candidates to take over.
In an interview with private national NOVA TV station, GERB MP Desislava Atanasova stopped short of naming its candidates.
PM Boyko Borisov is expected to name a successor to Ivanov, out of all GERB and RB nominations, possibly next week.
- » New Road Repairs in Sofia
- » From Tomorrow Vitinya Tunnel to Sofia will be Closed for Repairs
- » Bulgaria Continues to Return to Turkey Asylum Seekers
- » Bulgaria, Greece, Romania and Croatia will help the European Integration of the Western Balkans
- » At least 4 Migrants Die as Boat Capsizes in Black Sea
- » Bulgarian President: 'Fight Against Corruption Must be Uncompromising'