Bulgaria’s October Industrial Production Index Rises 1% Y/Y
Bulgaria’s industrial production index rose by 0.1% month-on-month in October led by the manufacturing sector, the country’s statistical office NSI said on Tuesday.
Compared with October 2014, the index increased by 1.0%.
Both calculations are seasonally adjusted. Data for October 2015 are preliminary.
In October, as compared to September, the industrial production index increased by 1.9% in the manufacturing sector but decreased in the energy sector (-0.6%) and in the mining and quarrying industry (-12.3%).
The most significant month-on-month increases of production in the manufacturing sector were registered in October in the repair and installation of machines and equipment (+16.9%), tobacco products (+15.9%), production of computers, electronic and optical products (+13.3%) and manufacturing of metal products (+5.7%.)
Compared with October 2014, the industrial production index increased by 4.4% in the manufacturing sector in October 2015 nut decreased in the energy sector (-5.9%) and the mining and quarrying industry (-9.3%.)
- » China Ordered 184 Airbus Planes
- » Bulgaria Traditionally Exports Between 7 and 8 Thousand Tons of Honey Per Year
- » Business Owners Unhappy about Rising Industrial Electricity Prices
- » More Than Half of New Norway Car Sales Now Electric or Hybrid
- » Over 3 Million Electric Cars on the Roads Worldwide
- » Bulgaria is the Fifth in the EU on Annual Construction Growth in October