Bulgarian Authorities Detain Syrian Refugees Hidden in Romanian Truck
Bulgarian authorities detained nine Syrian refugees hidden in a Romanian truck in the Pass of the Republic (also known as Hainboaz) in central Bulgaria on Saturday.
Four young men, four women and a one-year-old child were detained after drivers travelling through the pass had informed police that there were immigrants in the truck.
The truck, which was travelling to Romania, was stopped near the town of Kilifarevo.
It was established that the truck had passed through the Turkish border, but it was not clear where and how the refugees were boarded on the vehicle.
The Syrians were transported to the refugee center in the town of Elhovo, Darik radio informs.
- » MPs Оvercame the Veto of President Rumen Radev on the Мoratorium on New Мedicines
- » 63% of Bulgarians Approve Government's Willingness to Build Belene NPP
- » Sofia Municipality has Terminated an Order for BGN 40 Million for a Priority Project
- » Guaranteed Мinimum Income will Rise to BGN 75 From January 1, 2018
- » 5400 Positions in the Bulgarian Army are Vacant
- » More than 208 000 Unemployed People have Started Work From January to October