Bulgarian Authorities Detain Syrian Refugees Hidden in Romanian Truck
Bulgarian authorities detained nine Syrian refugees hidden in a Romanian truck in the Pass of the Republic (also known as Hainboaz) in central Bulgaria on Saturday.
Four young men, four women and a one-year-old child were detained after drivers travelling through the pass had informed police that there were immigrants in the truck.
The truck, which was travelling to Romania, was stopped near the town of Kilifarevo.
It was established that the truck had passed through the Turkish border, but it was not clear where and how the refugees were boarded on the vehicle.
The Syrians were transported to the refugee center in the town of Elhovo, Darik radio informs.
- » 2140 are the Candidates for 74 Junior Magistrate Positions
- » Large Luggage Can Now Also Ride for Free in Sofia's Public Transport
- » The Ombudsman Organizes a Forum for the Protection of the Rights of Orphans
- » Establishments will be Closed in the Case of Systematic Violations of the Ban on Smoking
- » The Water Agency Stops Pumping Water in Three Areas of Sofia
- » Bulgaria Commemorates the 145th Anniversary of the Death of Vasil Levski