Second Pilot of Downed Russian Warplane Is Safe
The second pilot of the Russian Su-24 warplane, which was brought down by Turkey near the Turkish-Syrian border on Tuesday, is safe and sound.
This was announced by Russian Defence Minister Sergey Shoigu on Wednesday, TASS news agency informs.
The pilot was rescued by Russian and Syrian forces and taken to base, in an operation which lasted for twelve hours.
Ankara claims that the Russian aircraft had violated Turkish airspace and had been warned ten times before being shot down, while Moscow maintains that the airplane was in Syrian airspace.
The warplane was brought down by an air-to-air missile launched by a Turkish F-16 fighter jet.
Both pilots managed to eject themselves, but one of them was killed in midair by gunfire from the ground.
- » Pablo Neruda did not Die of Cancer but may have been Poisoned
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour