Bulgaria Steps up Border Controls after Paris Attacks, Detains 280 Illegal Migrants
Police have detained 280 foreign nationals illegally residing in Bulgaria following Friday’s deadly attacks in Paris.
Police and security agency DANS launched a joint operation in the regions lying on the route of illegal migrants crossing from Turkey and entering Serbia: Burgas, Yambol, Haskovo, Pazardzhik, Vratza, Montana and Vidin.
Eleven people suspected of people smuggling have been detained in the course of the operation, the Interior Ministry said.
The Interior Ministry also announced that travelers could expect delays to their travel plans due to the introduction of 100-percent control at Bulgaria’s borders which form part of the EU’s external border.
Increased controls will delay the processing of documents at the country’s borders with Turkey, Macedonia and Serbia, as well as Sofia International Airport, the ministry said.
- » Answers To the Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » New Psycho Tests for Drivers
- » Many Parts of Sofia Remain Without Hot Water during the Summer
- » Bulgarian Railways Continue to Accumulate Losses
- » Telephone Scammers Took Nearly 45,000 Leva from an 80-year-old Woman (Shumen)
- » Train Hit a Bus with Passengers,People Are Injured