Bulgaria’s Sept Industrial Production Index Rises 0.6% Y.Y
Bulgaria’s industrial production index rose by 0.6% year-on-year in September but was 1.1% lower compared with August, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) has announced.
Data for September 2015 is preliminary and subject to revision.
In September 2015, the seasonally adjusted industrial production index decreased in the sector of electricity, gas and heating energy supply by 3.1% compared with the prior month. A month-on-month drop by 1.0% was recorded in the manufacturing sector, while the mining and quarrying industry posted an increase of 3.7%.
Compared with September 2014, the industrial production index adjusted for the number of workdays increased 9.1% in the mining and quarrying industry and by 0.2% in the manufacturing sector.
The industrial production index fell by 2.2% year-on-year in the sector of electricity, gas and heating energy supply in September.
In the manufacturing sector, the most significant increase over September 2014 was registered in the manufacture of transport equipment (+50.8%), production of non-metal mineral products (+14.5%) paper and paper products (+10.7%).
In September, the most significant decrease over the same month of last year was registered in the production of chemicals and chemical products (-11.8%), tobacco products (-11.3%) repair and installation of machines and equipment (-10.1%) and metals production (-7.6%), the NSI said.
- » Japanese Company Plans to Build the Tallest Wooden Skyscraper in the World
- » Bulgaria and Spain are Leaders in the Decline in Construction in the EU
- » Exports of Bulgarian Wine Decreased More than 3 Times Over a Decade
- » FLYING Cars will be in the Air Within the Next Five Years
- » Taxi Companies From Plovdiv Want Changes in the Road Transport Act
- » Iraq Seeks $88.2 bln For Reconstruction