Bulgaria’s Sept Industrial Production Index Rises 0.6% Y.Y
Bulgaria’s industrial production index rose by 0.6% year-on-year in September but was 1.1% lower compared with August, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) has announced.
Data for September 2015 is preliminary and subject to revision.
In September 2015, the seasonally adjusted industrial production index decreased in the sector of electricity, gas and heating energy supply by 3.1% compared with the prior month. A month-on-month drop by 1.0% was recorded in the manufacturing sector, while the mining and quarrying industry posted an increase of 3.7%.
Compared with September 2014, the industrial production index adjusted for the number of workdays increased 9.1% in the mining and quarrying industry and by 0.2% in the manufacturing sector.
The industrial production index fell by 2.2% year-on-year in the sector of electricity, gas and heating energy supply in September.
In the manufacturing sector, the most significant increase over September 2014 was registered in the manufacture of transport equipment (+50.8%), production of non-metal mineral products (+14.5%) paper and paper products (+10.7%).
In September, the most significant decrease over the same month of last year was registered in the production of chemicals and chemical products (-11.8%), tobacco products (-11.3%) repair and installation of machines and equipment (-10.1%) and metals production (-7.6%), the NSI said.
- » Bulgaria in the Top 5 in the EU on Export Growth for the Period January-September
- » Britain has Allowed the Tests of Autonomous Cars
- » Volkswagen will Invest EUR 22.8 Billion in its Factories
- » Subaru has Withdrawn nearly 400,000 of its Cars due to a Lack of Safety Check
- » The Tender for the Highway to Pleven / Lovech will be in the Second Half of 2018
- » Bulgaria will Work for an European Strategy for the Oil Industry