Bulgaria Ranks among Europe's Worst Healthcare Spenders
Bulgaria has ranked low in terms of smart healthcare spending, recent data shows.
An infographic using figures by the Economist intelligence unit's Healthcare Outcomes Index 2014, prepared by MEDIGO, shows Bulgaria, Slovakia, Denmark, Estonia and Latvia are evaluated at 3 out of 9 (1 is "poor", 5 "satisfactory", 10 "excellent").
In Europe, only Hungary, Lithuania, and Russia have performed worse (2 out of 10).
The data reflects how effectively money is spent on healthcare. World results place the US, Russia and Brazil (but also nations like Norway with a supposedly well-developed healthcare system) much behind China, ranked 8 out of 9.
- » The State is Taking Measures About the Export of Medicines
- » The Expected NHIF Deficit for this Year is About BGN 38 Million
- » Flu Epidemic in Bulgaria is Expected in late January and early February
- » Pirogov Hospital Continues to Operate Despite the Protests
- » World AIDS Day 2017
- » 140 People Have Been Examined in the Pirogov Hospital for the Last 24 Hours