Maradona to Visit Bulgaria in May 2016 for Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
Argentinian football legend Diego Maradona will visit Bulgaria next year to participate in the show celebrating the 50th birthday of one of the greatest Bulgarian footballers Hristo Stoichkov.
Stoichkov, who is the only Bulgarian to have been awarded the Ballon d'Or, is preparing a spectacular show for his birthday, the Bulgarian National Television informs.
The show entitled “50 years number 8” (after his jersey number) will take place at the Vasil Levski national stadium in Sofia on 20 May 2016.
The idea of the “Dagger” is to share his birthday not only with all football lovers, but also with the greatest football stars from the recent past and the present.
This will not be a simple friendly match, but an event of an unprecedented scale for Bulgaria.
The best Bulgarian and foreign football players will be split into two teams, depending on whether they prefer to play with their right or left foot.
The names of the guest stars are still kept in secret and they will be announced one by one in the forthcoming weeks.
Stoichkov is the most successful Bulgarian football player and is often the first thing that foreigners associate with Bulgaria.
The Bulgarian was part of the dream team of Barcelona, which won four consecutive La Liga titles and the Champions League in 1992.
He is holder of the European Golden Shoe for the 1989-1990 season and was awarded the 1994 World Cup Golden Shoe.
The tickets can be purchased in the network of Eventim (online at eventim.bg) with the prices ranging between BGN 18.88 to BGN 88.88 depending on the seating arrangement.
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Become Part of the World Team Against Australia
- » The Movement in the Center Sofia will be Limited Because of Installation of Christmas Decoration
- » The Match of the Season for Ludogorets in Europe
- » Our Women's National Volleyball Team is in Group B at the World Championship in Japan in 2018,