Bulgaria’s Road Building Agency Gets Nod to Sign Deals for 5.5 Km of Kalotina Motorway
Bulgaria’s Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA) received the green light from the government on Tuesday to hire contractors for the construction of a section of a motorway that will link Sofia with Kalotina crossing on the border with Serbia.
The government's consent will enable RIA to launch the construction of Lot 2 of the western curve of Sofia Ring Road prior to a final decision for the approval of project financing by the European Commission.
The project is eligible to apply for financing under Operational Programme Transport and Transport Infrastructure 2014-2020, the cabinet said in a statement.
Bulgaria needs a EU grant of BGN 133.5 M (EUR 68.2 M), VAT included, to build Lot 2, of which BGN 7.4 M is funding under Operational programme Transport 2007-2013 and BGN 126 M under Operational Programme Transport and Transport Infrastructure 2014-2020.
Lot 2 involves the construction of 5.53 km of new road with three junctions and two railroad crossings.
- » Exports of Bulgarian Wine Decreased More than 3 Times Over a Decade
- » FLYING Cars will be in the Air Within the Next Five Years
- » Taxi Companies From Plovdiv Want Changes in the Road Transport Act
- » Iraq Seeks $88.2 bln For Reconstruction
- » Appeals Threaten to Delay Greek-Bulgarian Pipeline
- » Gazprom Set an Absolute Record for European Gas Exports in 2017