Bulgaria’s Road Building Agency Gets Nod to Sign Deals for 5.5 Km of Kalotina Motorway
Bulgaria’s Road Infrastructure Agency (RIA) received the green light from the government on Tuesday to hire contractors for the construction of a section of a motorway that will link Sofia with Kalotina crossing on the border with Serbia.
The government's consent will enable RIA to launch the construction of Lot 2 of the western curve of Sofia Ring Road prior to a final decision for the approval of project financing by the European Commission.
The project is eligible to apply for financing under Operational Programme Transport and Transport Infrastructure 2014-2020, the cabinet said in a statement.
Bulgaria needs a EU grant of BGN 133.5 M (EUR 68.2 M), VAT included, to build Lot 2, of which BGN 7.4 M is funding under Operational programme Transport 2007-2013 and BGN 126 M under Operational Programme Transport and Transport Infrastructure 2014-2020.
Lot 2 involves the construction of 5.53 km of new road with three junctions and two railroad crossings.
- » Bulgaria in the Top 5 in the EU on Export Growth for the Period January-September
- » Britain has Allowed the Tests of Autonomous Cars
- » Volkswagen will Invest EUR 22.8 Billion in its Factories
- » Subaru has Withdrawn nearly 400,000 of its Cars due to a Lack of Safety Check
- » The Tender for the Highway to Pleven / Lovech will be in the Second Half of 2018
- » Bulgaria will Work for an European Strategy for the Oil Industry